Discover Your Island

Active Duty

Called to active duty?

Withdrawal due to active military
Please review the University Registrar's policy on withdrawal for more information.

Withdrawal options for a student called to active military service include:

  1. Refund of tuition and fees paid by the student for the semester in which the student withdraws;
  2. Grant a student who is eligible under the University's guidelines, an incomplete grade in all courses by designating "withdrawn-military" on the student's transcript; or
  3. As determined by the instructor(s), assign an appropriate final grade or credit to a student who has satisfactorily completed a substantial amount of coursework and who has demonstrated a sufficient mastery of the course material.
Original deployment orders and military ID should be presented to the Office of the Registrar when a student withdraws due to active military duty. Please contact the University Registrar at 361.825.7024 or the Veterans Affairs Office at 361.825.2331 (both located in the Student Services Center) for assistance.